? ??????????????Gourmet Chef? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (43 Ratings)??6 Grabs Today. 1514 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ramen? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (3 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 623 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A great deal of my life is spent in the kitchen. I'm either cooking or eating or preparing to cook...or eat. Either way, it's what I enjoy. I love it all. I love looking through cookbooks to find new recipes. I love going to the grocery store (the only 2 hrs of peaceful quietness in my week). I love chopping up vegetables and the smell of the flavors melding in the pot. I love when it turns out the way it was supposed to and I LOVE hearing people tell me how good it is. I love taking credit for the recipe even when it's not mine. I love feeling stuffed but still wanting more because it was just.that.good.

But...and this is a BIG but...it doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes I try for a half an hour and just can't get "stiff peaks" or I can't get the roue to work just right. And sometimes it seems like it's going to be perfect, but I know with just one bite that it is faaar from perfect.

This blog is not going to be me trying to emulate "julie & julia". This is going to be me trying recipes and telling you what I think about them. It'll be me sharing my long-time fave's and it will be me sharing what little cooking advice I have. It will be apps and main dishes. Desserts and sides. The best "under 30" mom meals I know and some really special things to pull out for company. I hope that you enjoy and that you follow and read and give me feedback and let me know what you think about what I think.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Awesome... I look forward to getting some recipes from you! I'm a terrible cook ;-)! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the recipe from your luau that was Corn bread and zuchini, and cheese... I think. It was delicious, and I find myself constantly finding things I could have made that dish for :-)