? ??????????????Gourmet Chef? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (43 Ratings)??6 Grabs Today. 1514 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ramen? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (3 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 623 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install I BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 12, 2010

french dip sandwiches

I tried this one a couple days ago and I forgot to take a picture. It was really good, however when I make it next time, I'll probably make one or two changes. One of which is the beer. To ME it tasted strongly of beer. Generally when you add alcohol to any recipe, it cooks away and you aren't really left with the taste of the particular alcohol. I'm not sure if it was because it was cooked in the crock pot (lower temperature than if I were, say, browning a steak on the stove top). But either way, I really could taste it. Now, if you like beer (like my husband), it wont be an issue for you and I'm sure you will really like it (he did). But if you are like me, and even the smell of beer makes you want to puke, you will prob just want to use another can of broth (or nothing, because quite frankly, it had plenty of liquid).

So, here's the basic jist of it (not really a recipe, just one of those throw it in and do what you want per your taste). In a crock pot add a 4lb chuck roast, 1 can beef broth, 1 can french onion soup, 1 can/bottle of beer, a splash or two of Worcester sauce, a couple cloves of minced garlic, salt and lots of pepper. (again, this is just how I did it. you can adjust to whatever you want). Cook on low for 7 hours. Remove from liquid and slice thinly. Add back to cooking liquid and continue cooking for the rest of the 8 hr low setting (should be about 30-45 minutes). Butter french rolls and bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. Add the sliced meat. Immediately top with sliced cheese (I used provolone, but mozz or swiss would be good too). I made fries with it, and it was really good. You can also put a small dish of the cooking liquid on your plate. We just didn't because it was already super juicy and tender.

0 comments: